Spring Showers...Bring Water Damage
Spring showers may bring flowers, but they can also bring water damage. Bottom line: Roof leaks or basement flooding can materialize with heavy rains. The water damage can then lead to hazardous mold growth, structural failure, staining, and other types of property damage.
Common Causes of Water Damage
Water damage can happen in any home or business. Structures with excess water pooling in areas such as the basement, crawl spaces, or interior walls are at risk of long-term water damage consequences.
Home and business owners can do their part in stopping the growth of mold by being aware of the most common areas of water pooling and water leaks. Here are a few places to monitor:
- Be aware of pipes that are leaking or have burst. Make sure to check the basement and under sinks periodically.
- Inspect areas that are likely to collect water, such as crawl spaces, attics, and basements.
- Keep an eye on household appliances that use sources of water, such as the ice maker in your fridge or the dishwasher.
- Schedule yearly cleanings and inspections of HVAC systems.
- Thoroughly check all areas of the house after a disaster event and other weather-related water issues.
SERVPRO of Napa County is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. when you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can significantly increase the severity of the water damage.
Call Today - (707) 226-2181