Tips to Prepare for Water Damage
- Know your insurance coverage. Most renter’s or homeowners insurance policies don’t cover flooding, or even a sewer backup. Find out what coverage you have.
- Keep a record of all of your belongings. Take photos and keep copies of a receipts or other documents for your valuable items. Store a copy of these records online or at another location.
- To limit the risk of water damage within your home check your pipes frequently and pay attention to any indicators of water damage, such as dripping sounds in the walls, dark spots on the ceiling, or significant change in your water bill.
- Inspect your roof and foundation often. Make sure there are no cracks in the foundation or shingles missing. Check that the landscaping around your home is sloped to direct water away from your foundation, rather than toward it.
- Water damage can be overwhelming. If a water damage should strike find an expert you can count on. SERVPRO of Napa County is Always Here to Help! –Call 707-226-2181